We offer a Baby Clinic at the practice with the Practice Nurse and Doctor who offer pre-bookable appointments every Tuesday afternoon.
We aim to offer a pre-arranged schedule in baby clinic on the birth of your new baby, and you will be sent an invitation after your delivery. If you are a new patient please register your baby as soon as possible after birth. If your baby is over 6 weeks old when registering please contact us to arrange appointments for child health screening and immunisations.
• You will have a double appointment with Dr Postgate for your baby’s 6-8 week Developmental check and your Post-natal check.
• Their first immunisations will be with Practice Nurse Susan Thorp at 8 weeks, then 12 weeks and 16 weeks.
• Your Health Visitor will offer a home visit 2 weeks after your baby is born, and they can be weighed at the drop-in clinics which are now based in Gospel Oak Health Centre. The Health visitor will also offer feeding and postnatal advice as required.
• Please note that BCG immunisations are not done at the surgery. You will be sent a letter for an appointment at Gospel Oak Health Centre for this if not already completed before discharge from hospital.
• We welcome partners at the developmental check and are very happy to see new fathers/parents/carers for postnatal checks as pre-bookable appointments so that we can address any health related queries after the birth of your baby.
• Walk-in clinics for babies with a Health Visitor are available at Gospel Oak Health Centre, Lismore Circus, London NW5 on Thursday mornings (09.30 to 11.30) and Friday afternoons (13:30 to 15:30) and Kentish Town Health centre, Bartholomew Road NW5 on Thursday mornings (09.00 -13.00).
Coronary Heart Disease – By appointment (Dr Taylor)
This is a dedicated clinic run once a month and appointments are booked by the doctor.
Diabetic – By appointment
Asthma/Lung Disease (COPD) – By appointment (Nurse Julie Singleton)
There are dedicated clinics each month.
Drug Counsellor By Appointment
Provided by all the doctors and nurses in the practice in surgery times.Women on the contraceptive pill need a 6 monthly check with the practice nurse. Women on HRT need an annual HRT check with the practice nurse. Women need to remember to make an appointment for these checks before running out of medication. The nurse will issue repeat prescriptions once the checks have been completed.Coil insertion and cap fitting by special appointment in the Well Woman clinic.
Well Woman – By appointment (Dr Postgate)
Oral Contraception, Coil Fittings, Contraceptive implant fitting, Diaphram fitting, Menopause problems. Screening for sexually transmitted infections.
Please be aware that this practice does not offer Minor Surgery procedures. Thank you.