You must complete our Travel Risk Assesment form and give back to reception BEFORE your appointment with the practice Nurse.You can submit this form online.
Please be aware of the cost of some of the vaccines before booking your appointment. Costs are detailed below. Travel Appointment Information
- Vaccines available free on the NHS are: Tetanus/Diptheria/Polio/Hepatitis A /Typhoid ( occasionally Cholera, by arrangement with travel nurse)
- Vaccines which you will have to pay for: Hepatitis B (only for Travel purposes not occupational health) cost £105 for 3 doses or £35 for a single dose; Meningitis ACYW costs £70; and Rabies: 3 doses for initial vaccination costs £180 and £60 per single dose.
- Malaria tablets are not available on an NHS prescription. We can provide private prescriptions for appropriate malaria prophylaxis.
- Japanese Encephalitis: not available at Prince of Wales Group Practice- access via private travel clinic.
- Yellow Fever: not available at Prince of Wales Group Practice – access via Yellow fever centre.
- If you do not bring in your vaccine payments in cash on the day of your appointment we will not be able to give your vaccinations
- Dont Leave making an appointment to the last minute, an appointment may not be available. Late Vaccinations could mean that you are not fully protected for your holiday and you may have to attend a private travel clinic and pay for all your vaccinations. Make an appointment with one of our practice nurses early, 6-8 weeks before travel is ideal.
Local Travel Clinics:
- Royal Free Hospital – Tel: 0207 830 2885
- British Airways Travel Clinic – Tel: 0845 600 2236
Plan early so we can give you the best protection and advice for a happy and healthy trip. Please complete our Travel Questionnaire prior to your travel appointment.
There is information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
Please see attached link for alternative travel information should you not be able to get an appointment here at the practice.